On the afternoon of March 1st, 2017, An Giang University received and worked with Hochschule Darmstadt University of Applied Sciences, Germany.
The delegation from Darmstadt University includes: Prof. Bettina, lecturer in charge of International cooperation of the Faculty of Information Technology (concurrently assistant principal of Darmstadt University) and Mr. Nguyen Dang Qui, advisor, Faculty of Information Technology, Hochschule Darmstadt University of Applied Sciences.
On behalf of An Giang University was Prof. Dr. Vo Van Thang - Principal of the school, together with representatives of Management Board, lecturers of Faculty of Engineering - Technology - Environment and leaders of the Department of Science Management and International Cooperation.
At the meeting, the two sides reviewed the cooperation between the two universities from 2009 up to now in welcoming students from Darmstadt University to undertake short-term research in the Faculty of Engineering - Technology - Environment, An Giang University, and discussed the program of exchange of lecturers and students, research cooperation in the coming time:
Exchange of students:
- Darmstadt students can take some courses in English or register for internships at AGU by carrying out projects with AGU lecturers in 2 or 3 months.
- AGU students can come to Darmstadt University to study, and the school will help to find accommodation on campus with a discount.
- AGU students can attend online courses offered by the University of Darmstadt, in which they can then be awarded certificates if qualified.
Exchange of lecturers:
- Lecturers of Darmstadt University can come to AGU to teach some subjects in the appropriate time.
- AGU lecturers can come to Darmstadt University to attend short-term courses or advanced study to obtain a master's or doctoral degree.
Research exchange: The two schools will develop research projects in the field of information technology with the cooperation of lecturers of AGU and Darmstadt University.
In addition, AGU will review the provisions of the Memorandum of Cooperation with Darmstadt University and will proceed to sign it as soon as possible.
Phuong Mai - Research and International Relations Office (Translated by Chi Do Na)